How To Prepare Before Brazilian Waxing Procedure:
- You can trim your hair if needed (but not too close). If not, don’t worry we will trim the hair if needed.
- Make sure the hair should be at least 1/3 to 1/2 inch in length before the appointment.
- Must wait 3-4 weeks after shaving before waxing.
- Wash the front and back (crack) thoroughly with clean water and wipe up with wiping pads/paper towels to keep dry. It helps preventing your skin from irritation and infection.
Before Waxing Tips:
- Hair absorbs water and makes it soft, not a good condition when trying to grip it in wax and pull it out! So don’t shower or wet the hair before you wax. Make sure the hair is dry and it will come out easier.
- If you find the pain factor too much, try using an anesthetic numbing spray. Be sure to apply it thirty minutes to one hour before the waxing session to ensure the skin is properly numbed.
- The wax needs to really adhere closely to the skin so remove any oil or lotion residue by washing and DRYING thoroughly before using the wax.
- Don’t wax on skin affected by acne. Wait for it to recover and heal before trying to remove hair.
- Make sure the hair is at least 1/3 to 1/2 of an inch long before the hair removal session.
- As waxing preparations contain chemicals, make sure your skin will not react negatively by just testing a small area first in a place that’s not so visible.
- Some find that deep breathing exercise also helps. Just breathe in through the nose, hold your breath for a few seconds, and then slowly let it out through the mouth. You will find the body relaxes more easily. Also it has the interesting effect of relaxing hair follicles so they let go of the hair a little more easily with constricting.
After Wax Tips:
- If you are going to be out in the sun after a waxing session, use a good sun blockers to the skin doesn’t appear to be darker in the treated area. Alternatively, stay out of the sun for 48 hours after waxing.
- No bath tub or heavy exercise within 24 hours to prevent infection.
- Only warm or cool shower is recommended.
- You will probably want to wear loose fitting clothing after a waxing session to avoid the skin becoming irritated. Also, tight fitting clothing on freshly waxed areas can contribute to painful ingrown hairs. FYI: if you suffer from ingrown, we have a treatment for that. We will recommend the right at home care to help treat your skin at home.
- Exfoliate the skin twice a week by using a Loofa sponge or other exfoliation (such as sea salt scrub or body scrub) accessory after two days of waxing. This gets rid of dead skin and helps prevent ingrown hairs.
- Take pain reliever or put cold compress if you feel soar on the waxed area. Put antibiotic. (Make sure to check if you have allergies to medication or treatment liquid).